Sunday, December 16, 2007

Santa Baby!

It would seem that without even putting it on my Christmas list - Greatfather Winter knew just what to bring me this year for Feast of Winter Veil. I awoke on Saturday morning to log onto my Shadow Priest - who is also a high level tailor - to find nothing other than [Recipe - Green Winter Clothes].

Normally this wouldn't get me too excited - until I checked on the materials at the Auction House and what should my wandering eyes do I see? Stacks and stacks of wool cloth for over 10g. (Did that almost rhyme?)

Now I'm about as entrepreneurial as the next WoW player and quickly did my research. It would seem the Horde received [Green Winter Clothes] and the Alliance received [Red Winter Clothes]. The stage was set for cross-faction marketing like never before. I spent a few hours farming wool cloth in the morning and was able to craft numerous outfits which sold quickly on my own factions Auction House.

However, the real money was to be made playing the neutral Auction Houses. Here I was able to pick up a few Alliance crafted Christmas garb and peddle it back Horde-side ala Griftah 'style'. Unfortunately by now the buzz is slowly waining as people realized these outfits aren't worth the gold - but for a few short hours I was able to turn an extremely nice profit. It would seem even in Azeroth the Christmas buying season can be just as hectic.

How about you - how did you fair so far this holiday season?

No comments: